Thursday, June 19, 2014

So many Blessings!

Here is my acceptance speech... ok, not really.  But I wanted to say thank you to SOoooooo many people!

Thank you to everyone who is supporting me in this next endeavor in my life.  I can see all of the intricacies that have gotten me to this point and the path that was woven and there are so many people who have helped me to get to this place and who are helping me to get to the next step too!

Thank you to the 55+ people who are helping me financially to pay for the next five months.  The total cost of this program (Around the World Discipleship Training) was about $10,000!  I had saved up about $5,000 of my own money but was a little nervous about raising the rest!  God was so faithful and through the love and kindness of so many I was able to exceed my fundraising goal!  Check out my fundraising page and all of the awesome people who donated!

Thank you to friends and family that donated items to sell at my rummage sale last weekend!  From the rummage sale I made about $600 and from other items sold online I can add about $400 more!  Amazing what you can do with a little hard work, donations and sweat ;-)

Thank you to everyone that came to my fundraising luncheon!  Sorry I talked so long... sometimes I'm a little long-winded ;-)  I raised $1,000 from the luncheon and donations received on that day!

And now, thank you to everyone that is continuing to pray for me and to encourage me with kind words, letters and messages that uplift my spirit!  This was not an easy decision and it faced some opposition for me, at 30, to quit my job and "go be a missionary".

I covet your continued prayers as I'm seeking direction from the Lord in what will come after this 5 month program!  As of now, I don't have a clue! (Though hoping it will lead to more long term missions)

So sincerely and humbly, I thank you with all of my heart!


A few extra Thank you's for the tiny blessings...

Thank you girl at Panera for giving me free coffee for now reason.  It blessed me.
Thank you lady(s) at church for giving me a little extra money after I spoke on Sunday.  It blessed me!
Thank you mom, for letting me live with you rent free for the last 2 months and allowing me to make your house a disaster while I organized, collected, sold and reorganized.  It blessed me a lot!
Thank you to those who gave above their ability.  I pray God will bless you each day more and more!
Thank you to my brother and sister-in-law who let me "rent" his car for 2 months AND let me use his garage/driveway for the rummage sale!
Thank you to my dad, who let me borrow the van when needed!
Thank you to Bonnie... who showed up at my rummage sale early and helped organize. Also, she was hilarious. :-)
Thank you to Jodie for helping me along with internet-y things and encouraging me the whole way!

If you have made it this far in the blog, Thanks for reading!
If you are still interested in contributing towards this step in the journey, feel free!  Even though I have met my financial goal, many on my team have not!  The extra funds I receive I will be able to share with the others on my team that are struggling to meet their financial goals!

Thanks again for all of the blessings!  My heart it overfloweth!

(p.s. I know I missed more thank you's and blessings, so please just know how very grateful I am)


No comments:

Post a Comment